On behalf of all the children and staff I would like to welcome you to Lymington Junior School. This site is intended to provide helpful information to any members of our extended school community be they new or existing members.
At Lymington Juniors we aim to provide an exciting learning environment of the highest standard, where the children can build upon their previous experiences and knowledge. Key to this is partnership with parents as we develop our shared responsibility for the children’s education. We are a very successful school. For the previous two academic years we have been ranked within the top 250 Primary schools by The Sunday Times and our pupil results are comparable against the best schools in the country. We strive to ensure that academic rigour, aligned with a fantastic range of sporting and artistic experiences, help to prepare our children for secondary school and all of the opportunities life will throw at them in later years.
We hope you enjoy looking through our site and finding out about our school and children. If you have any questions about the school or your child in particular please contact us directly.
Our school promotes high standards of achievement and behaviour working with children to fulfil their potential within an inclusive ethos where every individual is valued.
What We Provide for Children
- Teaching of the highest standard, presented through a broad and balanced curriculum
- A positive ethos of support, praise and encouragement in which all can develop intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually
- A stimulating, safe and secure learning environment that enables children to develop independence and confidence in all they undertake
- High expectations in relation to learning and behaviour that challenge all children to do their best
- A social, moral and spiritual awareness that enables all children to develop an understanding of their rights and responsibilities within the school and the wider community
- An enriching programme of extra-curricular activities, visits and visitors
- A school where children are valued as individuals and their talents and creativity promoted
What We Provide for Parents
- A strong home-school partnership, built on mutual trust and respect
- Good communication that supports each child in their learning
- Recognition of the important role parents play in their child’s education
- Development of the shared responsibility that school and parents take in ensuring each child is able to do their best
- A school where all parents are valued
At Lymington Juniors we are committed to developing ‘Partnership in Learning’ with our whole school community.
What we provide for Staff
- A positive, supportive working environment
- Continuing professional development opportunities for staff
- High expectations in relation to teaching and learning
- A school where all staff are valued as individuals
We serve the Community by:
- Working in partnership with local residents
- Establishing and maintaining purposeful links with other local schools
- Developing the school’s extended provision to make facilities available to the local community
- Encouraging all members of the school to take an active and responsible role in community activities and events